Thursday, August 5, 2010

Nomination Form, Statement of Candidate Filed

.

My nomination form, signed by thirty registered Manteca voters, is now filed with the City of Manteca Elections Officer (the City Clerk). Once the signatures and other paperwork are verified, I'll be an official candidate for a Manteca City Council seat in the November 2010 General Municipal Election.

The optional Statement of Candidate Qualifications is also filed and paid for. This statement will be printed in the County's Sample Ballot pamphlet, which is mailed to every registered voter before the election.



STATEMENT OF CANDIDATE FOR
MANTECA CITY COUNCIL


RICHARD BEHLING
Age: 57
Occupation: Accountant

My education and qualifications are: I have worked for a wholesale grocery distributor in this area for 20 years, making my home in Manteca the last 3½ years. I hold a CPA license, a B.S. in Accounting from Utah State University, and an M.S. in Business Administration from CSU, Sacramento. After becoming a resident, I received an alternative education in Manteca politics and operations. Improvements are mandatory. My cycling activity provides another grounded perspective on city needs.

Despite the last explosive growth cycle and fabulous returns to special interests, broad swaths of the existing city have been allowed to deteriorate and many civic amenities have been ignored as the population grew. I will see that the latter projects are given priority. Strong and effective city code enforcement will make policing easier and safer. Especially needed are putting police and fire protection on solid footing, making desperately needed technology upgrades, and giving city managers flexibility in staffing. Roads, water and sewer will be monitored closely. New development will be controlled. My biggest task will be to ensure city finances are managed conservatively, making them and RDA projects open and understandable.

Elect me to get the job done right.

No comments:

Post a Comment